Wednesday, December 31, 2008

OK I'm a Procrastinator

Some people seem to think that if I haven't posted anything recently something must be wrong. I suppose that's logical but most of these people should know what a procrastinator I am. It takes about 7 blogless days before I start to get comments. If my mother was reading them it would be another story. I started the blog to keep friends and family informed so we wouldn't have to keep repeating the same information. Its been 12 days now so I'm falling down on the job.

Christmas was great. Nathan, Tina and the gang came here from NC on Saturday 12/20. Tina and the kids divided their time between her folks and us. Nathan stayed with us most of the time and he was a Godsend. He handled the snow blowing and shoveling as well as helping Lois with housework. He also eliminated some items on my honey-do list like installing a new toilet.

Todd, Lily and the boys came Christmas morning and stayed until Sunday. Matt, Nick and Will were here Saturday and Sunday and Mary was here most of the time with her siblings. They all pitched in and made it a wonderful holiday. (There was a period in early November when I thought I might not last till Christmas)

The picture shows 6 of our 8 grandchildren. Joe and Oscar (sleeping) are missing.

My breathing has been good (w/o oxygen) but I noticed that it was starting downhill again even after being drained. (180ml on 12/22 - 45ml/day, 130ml on 12/29 - 19ml/day. The fluid is now clearer and orange in color)

My blood tests (12/23 & 12/30) are still in good shape.

Yesterday (12/30) we got the results of the CT scan and it showed that the tumors have been reduced in size indicating that the chemo is working. The scan also showed a white substance on my lungs (right and left) that was not related to the cancer. I could be from an infection like bronchitis or pneumonia although I'm not running a fever. This might be the cause of my breathing loss. To play safe I was started on an antibiotic ( Levaquin 500mg for bacterial infections).

I had my 3rd of 6 chemo treatments yesterday and Avastin (the tumor specific drug) was added to the group. It took 7 hours to administer the 3 drugs.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

1 comment:

  1. excited to be with you in the new year fred, it was a great christmas because you were feeling better.

    ReplyDelete