Thursday, February 12, 2009

Drain Gone

Had my drain tube removed last Thursday. On Tuesday (2/3) Dr. Haider suggested that it should be removed since the fluid had stopped and to avoid infection. On Wednesday the hospital called and we set up an appointment for Thursday. It only took a few minutes to pull it out.

Went to Madison again last weekend. Sunday was our 45th anniversary and we celebrated with dinner at Todd's.

I had my 5th chemo treatment on Tuesday and met with Dr. Haider beforehand. I asked what I should expect after my 6th and last treatment. He said it would be based on conditions after that treatment. It could be radiation, or a maintenance treatment. The cancer cannot be completely removed and if nothing was done after the last treatment I would have about 2 months. I guess we won't be able to make vacation plans until we know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment