Wednesday, November 19, 2008

More Juice

I had a good night last night. I slept soundly, for 5 hours lying down. That hasn't happened in a while. I'm assuming it was the chemo treatment. Its not supposed to work that fast. I even had energy when I got up. I worked on the computer trying to view the scans I got from the doctor. The viewing software was included with the files.

I was tempted to call off the thoracentesis but after I showered and dressed I was winded again. I didn't cancel.

We went to KMH again for the procedure and Dr. Mariani withdrew 2 more liters. He told me has a case very similar to mine and the pleural effusion was stopped with chemotherapy. The man has gone 3 months now without a drainage.

After killing a few hours eating lunch and visiting Walmart we went to my 2:00 apointment with Dr. Jandali. He checked out the incision for the PowerPort and gave his OK. (The needle doesn't latch onto the Power Port - it has to be taped in place)

Next was a 3:00 appointment at the Oncology place where I got a shot of Neulasta 6 - its supposed to increase the white blood cell count which will be diminished by the chemo.

Next we found out that our car wouldn't start. The ignition key wouldn't turn We tried working the steering wheel and shift lever but couldn't get it to work. We ended up calling Georgette to take us home.

Poor Lois has to spend her time driving me around and sitting in waiting rooms. Now she has to deal with a broken car.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Fred, Just a thought, I didn't know you could type as well... I want to have a "screen play "typed and I think I founf the person. love ya john

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Fred --
    This is the Georgia branch of the family checking in. Dad (Dino) just forwarded me your blog address. Thanks for posting this for us. We are eagerly following your progress; I'm especially happy to hear that you are getting some sleep.
    Sending love and good wishes --
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Uncle Fred,

    Thanks for the blog it makes it easier to follow your progress since. Keeping you all in my prayers.

    Love ya,

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a note to let you know we were following your progress and praying for you every day. We are right next door if Lois needs help with those darn chores!

    Scott, Rae Anne, Rae Lynn & Anna Leigh

    ReplyDelete